AT A GLANCE
PowerPac Mutiara Jamalpur Power Plant Ltd. is a Concern of Sikder Group and a renowned IPP (Independent Power Producer) based power generating company of Bangladesh. The 94.843 MW power plant is situated at Shahapur, Jamalpur. The primary fuel used to run the engines is HFO (Heavy Fuel Oil). There is option to run the engine with gas also. The HFO is arranged from own source through our nominated fuel supplier and, transported by railway wagon & road lorry. The produced power is delivered at Jamapur 132 KV national grid. BPDB (Bangladesh Power Development Board) purchases the power from us, under a 15 years of PPA (Power Purchase Agreement). The plant is running with superior plant factor and maximum plant availability since it began commercial operation on November 29, 2016. The plant is commissioned with Wärtsilä engine, made in Finland.
A brief details of the plant is as under:
- COD: November 29, 2016
- Contracted Capacity: 94.843 Mega-Watt
- Engine: 12 Units Wärtsilä 20V32GD, Finland
- Alternator: AVK DIG 167 F/8
- Generator Output: 8.924 Mega-Watt, 11 Kilo-Volt, 50 Hz, 0.8 Power Factor
- Plant Output: 94.843 Mega-Watt, 132 Kilo-Volt, 50 Hz, 0.85 Power Factor
- Transformer: 3 Units ABB Transformers of 40/50 MVA, 11/132 KV
- Fuel Storage: 2 Units HFO Storage Tank of 5,000 Metric-Ton Capacity, along with several other tanks.